Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 month ago

Out of these six teams which team do you think has a good chance of winning the Stanley cup this year?

1. Ottawa Senators

2. New jersey Devils

3. Toronto Maple leafs

4. Boston Bruins

5. Pittsburgh Penguins

6. Tampa Bay Lightning

• Deano

3, 4, or 6. The rest of your teams are battling for draft position.

Ottawa would be performing a miracle if it even blundered its way into the playoffs.  

N.J. may make the playoffs, but haven't the depth to win a series.

Leafs have the best chance of winning their division, giving a good chance to win the conference.  When you get to the final, it's a coin-toss.

Boston & Tampa will likely beat each other to death trying to win their division.  Neither have the depth after that to beat Toronto.

Pittsburgh is the old grey mare - "ain't what she used to be."  It may win a series, but that's about it.  

Put your dollars down on the Leafs.           

Tampa is easily the best of those teams

• Of the six teams listed, I'd give Tampa the highest percentage.

Tampa Bay Lightning, but Colorado is favored as of now.

Ottawa: No chance in hell! They got a decent goalie, and some decent prospects, and grit up front. They don't have the skill to play with the big boys, nor the defense needed to win a cup.

Devils: See the same as Ottawa

Leafs: They have a chance, I have my concerns though! Talent and depth is there, but Freddie has never been a good playoff goalie, so unless that changes drastically this year, I see another 1st round loss.

Bruins: Decent chance

Pittsburgh: Slim

Tampa: I like their odds the most out of the 6 teams you have listed.