Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

why does this guy think id still be interested in being his friend?

I used to be friendly and like this guy whos around my own age. He knew i was attracted to him. He went away and got a long distance girlfriend a lot younger.

He came home and thought i would still be friendly and attracted to him even though he has a long distance girlfriend the same age as my son.

He got really annoyed when i stopped being friendly.

Why the hell would he think i should be?

Favorite Answer

Guy here

Listen- although I'm mostly on your side, I'm a little bit mad that you you were only being friendly towards him b/c to wanted to be with him... unless I'm misreading this, that's how it comes off; and as a guy, I don't want to assume that a girl is only going to be nice to me if she wants something from me... people can be nice to other people w/o there being an ulterior motive.

With that out of the way: yeah, this guy might just be a little clueless... or maybe it wasn't obvious enough to him that you were looking for a relationship... The part about the girl being a lot younger aside (b/c that could be a whole other can of worms), whether he is into you like that or not, if it wasn't obvious enough to him, then he couldn't help getting together w/ this other person... he might not have known there was more than one option for him to consider...

Although it might be uncalled for For Him to be annoyed w/ you [since it was reactionary for you], you might have assumed your signals were received... and if they weren't, then he doesn't know what's up... I'd say give him the benefit of the doubt.

If you guys are adults, I would think it wouldn't you guys should be able to have a brief grown-up conversation about him not picking up what you were putting down...

Anyways, I'm sure there's plenty of other people out there- feel free to move on... Regardless of how this situation resolves itself, I wish you good luck... also, stay safe out there.

• i + i

You want our random speculations? 

Because we do not know you and we 

do not know him, so that is all we can 

do. Okay, just for fun, here is a guess: 

He isn't annoyed, it's all in your head. 

Okay... hope that was useful for you. 

He can not keep younger girl as she find another good guy. 

Therefore he is lonely and want love with you.  

Give him piece of love .