Why haven't I received my decision letter yet?

I applied to IU Bloomington at the end of October for EA. The website says I was supposed to get my decision letter at latest January 15th. If they don't give me an update, does that mean I was deferred or rejected? 

My school for some reason didn't send my transcript until the beginning of December. But would that defer me? Or would that delay my response? 

Please let me know your theories. Thank you for your time!

You musta sucked so bad they couldn't even come up with a way to let you down easy.

I hate to break it to you, but you likely never applied to IU Bloomington at all. 

You sent your application for EA, but your application wasn't complete before the deadline. The transcript would have had to have been received, or (if mailed) postmarked, by November 1. Since you missed the November 1 deadline, your EA application was not valid. 

Just because your transcript was eventually submitted would not change your EA application into an RD application. 

Fortunately, you still have some time to meet the February 1 RD deadline. Usually, universities don't allow people to apply EA and RD, but since the EA application was incomplete, and that was arguably not your fault (your responsibility, but not your fault, unless you asked for the transcript to be sent way late), they might take pity on you. 

Contact the University admissions office as soon as possible (probably tomorrow if today is a holiday in Indiana). Explain that you were unaware that your high school submitted your transcript so late, and ask whether you need to resubmit your application as an RD, and if so, how.

Sadly, if your record didn't show up by the EA application cutoff time, almost certainly, you were not in the EA choice pool. That is a basic segment of the application and if any part is feeling the loss of, the application ordinarily won't be thought of.

I'd emphatically urge you to call the affirmations office one week from now and discover what's happening. In the event that the college has an online entryway for candidates, you ought to have the option to see where your application is inside the cycle also. Frequently schools post the EA choices in the entryway and afterward send official letters just to acknowledged candidates.

Try not to accept that all is great. You need to guarantee your application is in the framework and is getting looked at either for EA or customary affirmation.

• drip

Your transcript arrived a month late for your EA application. It was up to you to be sure it got there on time.

Chances are you are not considered an EA application because of the that.

Not you need to be sure all information they needed is there and your application is under review for regular action.  Call the school on Tuesday.

If you were denied the school would have informed you.

Unfortunately, if your transcript didn't arrive by the EA application deadline, it is likely that you were not in the EA decision pool.  That's an essential component of the application and if any part is missing, the application usually won't be considered.

I'd strongly encourage you to call the admissions office next week and find out what's going on.  If the university has an online portal for applicants, you should be able to see where your application is within the process as well.  Often schools post the EA decisions in the portal and then send official letters only to accepted applicants.

Don't assume that everything is okay.  You want to ensure your application is in the system and is under consideration either for EA or regular admission. 

It used to be that acceptances and rejections were all sent out in April. Things are faster now, but committees still have to "meet" which is much harder these days. It seems likely that your application was put off because they didn't have your transcript. But they should let you know if that's the case. 

Very likely they deferred the decision, probably because staff are not working on Fridays and are working only until 3 pm. My source for this is?faculty member at a health sciences technical university in New Orleans. Something similar is very likely happening at the University of Oklahoma Norman and Tulsa campuses. 

How did your high school send your transcript? If they did NOT use email or fax it, and used snail mail, yes, that probablyy  is why the decision was deferred. 

Mail has become snail-like lately.