i own a 2014 ford fusion se and yes it was a big mistake to buy it, but anyway cost me 2 grand to put a new engine in it, and now the engine?

light is now coming on I've had it back from the shop less than 2 days only drove it home and purchased gas in it and when I crank it up,it does not want to crank its back doing the same thing before i had a new engine put in it , I'm told it could be a bad purge valve,i need answers after this I'm selling it

Favorite Answer

Selling the car is pretty drastic.

Have you tried finding a new mechanic?

Are you going to a real licensed mechanic and not an alley mechanic?

Your REAL mistake is the shop you selected.

If you are going to sell, you DON'T need answers.

• ?

likely the old engine was ok

If the motor won't crank/turn over you either have a bad starter, ignition switch, Battery, or neutral safety switch. If the starter does work and you just are using the term "crank" wrong you need to get the codes checked.

A LOGICAL AND INTELLIGENT  person would contaqct the shop who installed the new engine and ask them to look at it. My guess is a faulty fuel pressure regulator, or a leak in the fuel pressure rail downstream from the regulator. 

Take off the gas cap and put it back on.  Maybe that will fix it.  It is a sensor thing not a motor thing but an electrical thing.  Takes you 2 minutes to TRY THAT.  

IT MAY WORK.

Back yard mechanic