Why did Canada give disabled people more money per month for COVID relief? ?

Why do people who contribute less and drain more get more? Is that the socialism Dems want? 

They got $750 more .

• Because the cost of living with a disability during COVID has gone up more than for a person under typical experiences. These are US/personal examples, but many will apply in Canada.   Food once able to go shop for myself now has to be contactless delivered. Delivery on average costs $20.00 extra and you cannot use food stamps. Many essential services people with disabilities use have raised prices or stopped providing services.  Several local Meals on Wheels have stopped delivering or are not taking on new clients. The cleaning lady I use insisted on $20 more an hour as "combat" pay. I need a cleaning lady now more than ever as I cannot reach everywhere to clean and sanitation in these times is critical. Day programs, sheltered workshops, classes for disabled people have gone virtual if not closed down - many now have had to hire in-home care that they used to get in their daily activities.  Several of my doctors no longer provide routine care, only emergency or covid related. I have diabetes and keeping toe-nails well-groomed is essential - for the first time in my life I am going to a salon to get my nails trimmed. There are lots of little things that add up.  Being disabled isn't cheap!

• Murzy

Be thankful that you don't have to trade places with them.

cause they do things different there

maybe cause they thought they needed it

Source(s): pearl