Why does the inside of a car feel warm even on a relatively cool day?

One day I decided to put my thermometer inside my dad's car. It is an Infiniti QX60. I'm not sure if car type matters when it comes to internal temperature whether it be a coupe, regular car, mid SUV, and an SUV. A bus inside is bigger so it does not get as hot as a car does. I put the thermometer in the car on a 67-degree day in the shade. 2 hours later when I returned to the vehicle the temperature inside the car was 82 degrees. 82 degrees is warm and you have the option of opening the window to get the refreshing 67-degree air or turn on the air conditioning. If the temperature in my bedroom gets to 82, I turn the air conditioner on until it gets the room down to at least 76 degrees before I open the windows. Also, the windows were completely closed for the 2-hour test in a car. Before leaving the car, my dad and I drove for 30 minutes with all 4 windows open so the car did heat up by 15 degrees in a span of 2 hours even in the shade. What exactly causes this warmup? By the way, it was an early June day in New York City, and the same day we had a low temperature of 55 degrees. Now at 55 degrees, the inside of a car is about 75 degrees which feels pleasant.

This isn't rocket science. Solar reflection. Solar absorption, greenhouse effect and sealed interior dumbdum.  Basic junior highschool science.  

A car traps heat but only if it is exposed to the sun.  If the car is in a shade, the inside will have the same temperature as the outside.

This is the REAL meaning of the term "Greenhouse effect".

Sunlight entering through the glass heats the interior, but the heat is trapped by the glass.

cause youre inside the car