Ja asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Why are people so obsessed with saying "Bless you" after a sneeze?

I posted on a forum that I don't get why saying "bless you" after a sneeze is a social norm. Saying "bless you" doesn't alleviate anything, mentally or physically. Maybe cuz I'm an introvert but: I do not wanna talk to anyone just cuz I sneezed.

Of course I was met w/ hate for saying this. Women, particularly, seem to be really attached to saying "bless you" after a sneeze. 

I KNOW it's a "social norm", but I was just saying...I don't like it. Why do ppl hate me for saying that? What's ur opinion on this? Thx.

fook all this bulshyt that the gov't wants u to do like masks, temperature scans, vaccines, social distancing, etc. more people die from heart attacks than ur stupid covid bs lie story

Source(s): 5G caused this problem in China. Wuhan was the first city to go 5G. 5G needs to be banned. 5G kills immune system and people become sick

The Urban Dictionary says "bless you" is an old wives tale believing when someone sneezes, their soul leaves their body.  No one is asking you to "talk" just because you sneezed.  It takes all of five seconds to say "thank you."  Discussion is over.

• ?

its just their way of being nice

No one hates you. Stop being so grandiose about everything.