I’ve had My bellybutton pierced for two years but it has always been scabby and oozing? ?

It healed after a year with the original jewellery  it had in it but then i changed the jewellery and it became sore and gross again and it has been like that for months 

now? I don’t think it’s an infection because it’s looked like this for a very long time and i’ve always felt okay but it’s a horrible blood like pus substance that comes out of it and turns into a nasty thick scab? does this mean it’s not healed even after all this time?? i don’t clean it anymore should i be doing so?

Update:

i think it’s a keloid? but it still bleeds, i’m not concerned as it’s been like this so long but what could i do? i don’t want to take it out); 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Laura
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If it has always been scabby and oozing then it has never healed.  

It also sounds like you have sensitive skin and could be allergic to the new jewelry you have in it.  Put higher quality jewelry in it and that will help.  

This is not a keloid.  A keloid is a buildup of scar tissue that does not stop growing.  You just have an unhealed piercing that is slowly getting more and more infected because you aren't taking care of it.  

Start by caring for it like it is a brand new piercing.  Do sea salt soaks twice a day and put high quality, implant grade jewelry in.  Do this for at least 6 months.  Your piercing is infected so you have to get rid of that infection and make sure that its gone.  

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you still have to turn it and clean it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Many people are allergic to certain metals, even some hyper-allergenic metals, and their bodies react by trying to reject that metal. Try different metals and see if your body reacts differently to different jewelry, and if there is a type it will accept.

Alternatively, your jewelry might be fastened too tightly for your piercing, causing it to be irritated. The jewelry should fit loosely, not tightly, against the piercing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.