Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

Can a teacher punish someone for doing something that they were bullied into doing by another student?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Yes, because unless there was a gun held to your head, you could have refused to do what you knew was wrong. BUT you should tell someone that you're being bullied. Schools are being held responsible for doing something to stop bullying.

• 4 weeks ago

They may certainly punish you if they don't KNOW you were being bullied. So TELL the teacher you were bullied into doing it. How are they to know otherwise?

• 1 month ago

I am a retired teacher. I would say this is a very touchie one.  To get to the bottom of it, i think the teacher, the student, the prinipal and the bullies should all be involved. If you are bullied ( fearing for your life perhaps) into doing something. I don't think you should be punished, but teachers usually have a pretty good idea of how a student usually behaves, and will " bring that to the table". And a student's record follows him thru the years. They ill often look at that and read it to see what kind of tendencies he has. If you are truly being bullied badly, you MUST get someone on your side to help you fight it.

• Liz
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yes. A person doesn't have to allow themselves to be bullied. There are things he/she can do.

If bullying persists, you may need to speak up for yourself. Choose a moment when you are calm, look the bully in the eye, and speak in a firm, level voice. Tell him that you don’t like what he is doing—that it is not funny and that it hurts. Do not resort to insults or challenges.—Proverbs 15:1.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, because unless there was a gun held to your head, you could have refused to do what you knew was wrong. BUT you should tell someone that you're being bullied. Schools are being held responsible for doing something to stop bullying. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.