I got hired at Kroger and before i filled out the application i check to see if Kroger hires felons and they do i have paperwork to show?

They hired me back in February before COVID started and i was fired in March because they mad me work before my background check came back and when it came back they fired me I’m a felon. Also family dollar hires felons as well they didn’t hire me because of my felon charge which is a gun charge so i can’t work because i have a gun charge that’s crazy 

• D50

Regardless of the company policy, I would not have someone as angry as you who had been convicted of being really stupid with a gun. Even if you don't have a gun any more, you're the kind of person who doesn't think things through under pressure. I don't want you.

• ?

An employee NEVER knows the real reason why an employer fires them.  I'm sure you being mad was not a positive quality for an employee.

WHAT IS THE LEFT GOING TO DO THIS TIME TO MAKE SOCIALISM WORK WHEN IT HAS FAILED EVERY OTHER TIM

They might hire felons, but that does not mean they HAVE to, or that they hire ALL felons, etc.  

Did you "forget" to disclose you're a felon on the application?

It is not an outright prohibition, but if you lied on your application, that will certainly result in termination. The best thing to do it is to be upfront about your conviction and demonstrated rehabilitation. 

• xyzzy

Just because they hire felons does not mean that they have to hire felons nor keep them on the payroll.

They fired you because you LIED about being a felon.

The application literally asks if you've ever been charged or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor..   you're supposed to answer "yes", and provide details if they ask for such.   Had you answered properly, then they would have already known before your background check came back.

Being a felon isn't a protected class.  An employer can make any discretion they want.   It may depend on how long ago it was, if you've stayed out of trouble, and what the charge was.  Some employers won't hire anyone with violent charges.

It may also depend on what position they are hiring for.   My boss wouldn't hire a girl for janitorial work because she had a recent theft charge.   Janitor is in and out of offices and given keys to certain areas that most employees cannot access, including keys to the company vehicle.

She would have gladly been hired to work on the assembly line, however.

They didn't fire you because you are a felon, they fired you because you lied on your application claiming you weren't a felon.  Remember, honesty is the best policy.

theres places that hire felons, i know this girl that used to work at a food place and she was charged for murder