Does anybody know what this plant is called?

So I bought this plant like about two months ago but I didn’t see what it was called and I can’t seem to find the name of it lmao can somebody pls let me know, thank you.

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Looks like pea vine, a weed.

• Lv 6
    1 month ago

The fact that the Wandering Jew plant is an invasive species does suggest that there may be a connection to racial overtones, although being viewed as "offensive" would depend on whether the interpreter is looking at it in a defensive manner or through a historical context.

Just pointing out facts about the Jews doesn't automatically make it antisemitic - it depends on how it's interpreted.

Biblical history shows that the Jews were a wandering culture with no national ties to any country other than their willingness to assimilate into the social landscape - which Jews generally did but in a limited capacity.

It was because the Jews were what you might call a "vagabond" culture that they were discriminated against - they never fully integrated into a region and so they were treated as outsiders.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's called "tradescantia zebrina," but it is more commonly referred to as a "wandering Jew," a term that is not considered to be racially offensive. The scientific name "tradescantia" in Latin refers to how it is weakly upright and has a tendency to spread out with its vines and the "zebrina" in Latin refers to the stripedness of the leaves. That variety is either of the non-purple variety or is so exposed to sunlight that its loses its purple, which comes about when the plant is kept in indirect sunlight or shade.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.