Does anybody know what this plant is called?

So I bought this plant like about two months ago but I didn’t see what it was called and I can’t seem to find the name of it lmao can somebody pls let me know, thank you.

• John

Looks like pea vine, a weed.

• Lv 6

The fact that the Wandering Jew plant is an invasive species does suggest that there may be a connection to racial overtones, although being viewed as "offensive" would depend on whether the interpreter is looking at it in a defensive manner or through a historical context.

Just pointing out facts about the Jews doesn't automatically make it antisemitic - it depends on how it's interpreted.

Biblical history shows that the Jews were a wandering culture with no national ties to any country other than their willingness to assimilate into the social landscape - which Jews generally did but in a limited capacity.

It was because the Jews were what you might call a "vagabond" culture that they were discriminated against - they never fully integrated into a region and so they were treated as outsiders.

It's called "tradescantia zebrina," but it is more commonly referred to as a "wandering Jew," a term that is not considered to be racially offensive. The scientific name "tradescantia" in Latin refers to how it is weakly upright and has a tendency to spread out with its vines and the "zebrina" in Latin refers to the stripedness of the leaves. That variety is either of the non-purple variety or is so exposed to sunlight that its loses its purple, which comes about when the plant is kept in indirect sunlight or shade.