alana asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

What would make a man pee longer and slower ? Is this a std?

Hi my boyfriend says he’s been peeing longer and slower than usual and is trying to blame me saying when I come over he pees like this but not any other time ( 🤔 ) but I’m not doing anything other than things with him and I’m getting blamed for his peeing habits now what could be causing this ?

• Marc
    Favorite Answer

It is his prostate. If you guys are having sex and his prostate is swollen from sexual activity it can cause this.  Some may find what im about to say controversial, but a prostate massage will help him.  If you are down, use a finger in his anus to massage his prostate.  Look up online how to do it and it will help him

Hmmmmm. He needs to go to the doctor for certain. Do not engage in sexual or intimate activity before you see a std-free test.... have you guys tried talking more about it? Ugh. Good luck. Sorry- and when you guys are back and normal I'd recommend he use a penis health creme to make certain his penis is getting all of the vitamins and nutrients it needs to perform better. 

• ron h

When a man's got a full or semi b0ner, pissing is slower, and he may be kinda halfway shy pissing with you hearing it.  Prostates don't usually enlarge till we're 50 or so and that and UTIs wouldn't allow different flows when you are /are not there.  I think it's shyness or b0ner thing.

Your bladder in on overload. The longer you wait to pee when you have to, when you do pee, it hurts so good and dribbles out for a very long time.              

enlarged prostate

Thanks everyone I think it is his prostate, I’m reading all these answers to him and he just doesn’t care to hear any of it so if it gets worse it’s on him. and at least I know I’m not the cause, especially when I go to the drs regularly if it was from me somehow I’d know.

• kelvin

not a STD..................

No. Symptoms of STI in regards to urinating would actually increase the frequency and urgency of his urinating, not slow it down and the only two typically known to create urinary issues are chlamydia and gonorrhea. If it were an STI, he would also have other symptoms, like itching, discharge, burning, or possibly redness depending on which STI. He could very well have an infection, not STI related, at any part of his urinary system from his urethra, bladder, kidneys, to which we'd call it a urinary tract infection. This is quite common and the symptoms would be what you described. Although young, he could also be having an issue with an enlarged prostate which would slow the flow of urine. Meanwhile, instead of accusing you, why is he not seeing a doctor to urinate in a cup and get results in 15 minutes? Also, be aware this may be his attempt to blame you as he is being unfaithful and suspecting he may have contracted something from the other person and blaming you. So, in the event you notice something down there, he would have already been accusing you for it and therefore able to refuse he gave anything to you and remind you he'd been suspecting you all along. As it is quite odd that he keeps saying you did it to him, especially if he is(I dont know, as I couldnt tell from your question), blaming you as giving him an STI. Just be cautious. Maybe get your own self tested and show him the print out showing you do not have any STIs. You can go to Planned Parenthood. If money is a concern, dont worry, they have a sliding scale.

• BJJ

He could have an enlarged Prostate gland  , that is the most probable cause  , tell him to go and see his doctor