Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Law & Ethics: My brother-in-law went out and bought a gun, but he does not need one - should I call the police and just have him arrested?

We live in Pennsylvania - he bought it at the local gun store. There is absolutely no reason for him to bring a gun into this house. None whatsoever.

Now he's talking about getting an instructor to teach him how to shoot and other such nonsense.

This house is his, but he should not be allowed to have a gun here for any reason.

If I call the police, will they confiscate that gun?

Can't I swear out a warrant or something to get the police to take that gun out of here? Or should I just sue him and make it so expensive he won't be able to afford to keep that gun?

Troll. If it bothers you that much leave HIS house

• Ludwig

Try getting yourself some superglue and iron filings and mix them all together.  Then 'clean' the barrel with a cord and a cloth full of that stuff.  It might just be enough to cause a 'breach bang' next time he tries to fire a round out of it, and you will all have a jolly good laugh.

• L

None of your concern.  Your brother-in-law can do what ever he wants.

WHAT IS THE LEFT GOING TO DO THIS TIME TO MAKE SOCIALISM WORK WHEN IT HAS FAILED EVERY OTHER TIM

You need to grow up and realize there are Constitutional rights at play here or move out of the house if you don't want to live with a gun in the house.

It sounds like you area minor child.

It is smart and wise for a gun owner to take lessons on how to use a gun safely. 

If that's your house, you should tell him you are NOT OK with it in the house.

If some relative of mine was bringing a gun into the house, I'd rather them have lessons and/or training so they can handle it better if there was an invasion. In fact, at the Gabby Giffords shooting the crowd managed to stop the shooter with the chairs and the guy that actually tackled him was a TRAINED ex-military person that never used his gun (even though it was on him). 

If the bullies (really the pvssies) who whine on about '2nd Amendment Rights' knew how to read and put things into context, they'd know the 2nd Amendment doesn't really apply to today's society. Unfortunately our  SC is overrun by politically biased judges so we can't have common sense when it comes to certain 'laws'. 

Edit: I just saw the rest...if that's hi house, you'll just have to hope he' reasonable. If he's a trump supporter, I'd look into leaving ASAP.

You need to keep out of it. He legally bought a gun for protection and is taking a course on gun safety. What's your problem? You sound like a dumb liberal.

Troll......................................

• xyzzy

If he bought a gun at a gun store then he passed the Federal background check and is legally allowed to buy a gun. He is being a wise and conscientious gun owner by getting training on how to shoot and use a gun.  Why should he not be allowed to have a gun in his own home? The police have no reason to confiscate the gun and will do nothing if you call them. And if you sue him not only will the suit be dismissed as you have no standing nor has he done anything wrong, most likely you will be charged with court cost and his legal fees.

Private citizens cannot get warrants.  That is not how it works.  Your lawsuits would be dismissed because they are baseless, and the police will do nothing because there is no crime.