what happens if my hvac filter falls into the unit?

I put the wrong size filter on my HVAC and it fell in. How bad is that? How can I get ot out?

• Droopy
    Favorite Answer

Its not the end of the world. If you want to remove ityou can take the front cover off if its a slab coil you'll have no issue getting it out.  If its a A coil gonna be little tuffer getting hand into return box to grab it.  I wouldn't worry to much about it.  Ive done many service calls an installs where ive found multiple  in the return box.  I wouldn't make a service call just to remove a filterin the return box. (The service company would love to easy 60 to 100 bucks)

Do make sure you have the right measurements.  Some brands like carrier you have to get a 16 3/8 by 21 1/2 filter to fit properly.   

Nothing to worry. But you must remove it from your HVAC system. Call your nearby HVAC professional to remove it from your HVAC system. 

• y

Could get caught up in the blower and be costly to repair.

It has to be removed.  Call an HVAC technician if you cannot fish it out.