Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 month ago

Is it safe to turn right (westbound) onto a two-lane road with one lane in each direction when there is oncoming traffic traveling eastbound?

There would be no oncoming traffic in the direction I am turning in but am wondering if it's too dangerous due to the risk of a head-on collision. This is a 50 mph rural road.

What does your driver's training manual say?  It is the legal word on what is right and what is wrong. Not me.

. I know what it says.  You are SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT TOO.  LIKE  the ENTIRE WORLD OF DRIVERS KNOW (except you) You are suppose to know the manual from cover to cover. They will pull your license if you be an idiot.

• D50

If you're unable to turn right in a single lane, or if the cross traffic doesn't stay in its lane then, yes, it's unsafe. If two normal drivers are involved, it is safe.

• Ron

Why wouldn't it be?

If there is no oncoming traffic it is safe.  Make sure you stay in your lane.,