Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

do people realize that obama actually sparked trump to run for presidency. ?

i remember during obamas 2nd term, there was a private party going on and trump was invited. obama called out on trump for his birther conspiracy and that really angered trump. i think that triggered a lot of negative emotions towards obama so he wanted to show the world how he could be powerful and take america back to what he wanted it to be 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Your timeline isn't all that great & somewhat incomplete.  The party you are referring to is the annual press dinner, & Donnie was actually considering entering the race in 2012, as he had Tea Party backing, but he was quoted as saying something to the effect of that he was making great money doing the apprentice & he hardly had to do anything.  Mitt Romney asked Donnie for his endorsement, & after Donnie made him sweat, he did give it.

Source(s): I read books about politics
  • david
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Trump started the birther BS before Obama's 1st term.  I, nor anyone else, can directly disprove your conjecture, but I don't believe it.  Trump had been 'shopping around' for a political cause that he could ride into office for several years.  He would file for an office, and get little to no support, and then drop out of the race well before the election.  I believe he filed for NY governor and maybe fr NYcity mayor but never made it to the primary -- no support so he dropped out quickly.  These were as a democrat.  His racist views were behind the birther BS he started peddling, and he saw much more support from the right-wingers so he switched to republican and ran for President.  Certainly he hated Obama because Obama confronted him over the birther LIES and the whole country has seen for years now that he is unstable when confronted over anything,  Only the racists and other haters on the right took Trump seriously (2014 == long before the election of 2016) and he recognized that he could use propaganda to fool these idiots into voting for him by spewing hatred and racism...  And it worked. ===  I know people who only supported Trump because they agreed with his racism -- against Obama (which they recognized as thinly veiled hatred of BLACKS) which he expanded to an oper hatred and defamation of 'Mexicans'. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That was not a private party you doofus, that was the White House Correspondents' Dinner, a tradition going back to 1921.

And the fat orange shitstain boycotted it every year of his administration.

But in the end, the last laugh will be Obama's. The fat pile of orange manure will likely have his whole tenure revoked, and he will end in jail

• 2 months ago

Trump disgraces himself every day with no help from Obama. And Trump never could take a joke. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ennui
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You remember? Then perhaps you can cite a source for this private party that you know about, and that Trump was invited to. As for taking America "back" to what Trump wanted it to be: the US has never been what Trump wants it to be. Trump toyed with running for president long before 2016. He talked about running in 1988 as a Republican. Then, in 2000, he had a short-lived run (Reform Party). 

• 2 months ago

No, racism did.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

liar.  the Obamas NEVER invited Trump to a party

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.