Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 2 months ago

Are the world's royalists laughing at the Trump-Biden follies?

I hope so!

It is ridiculous and the system is rather flawed in that the President spends half their term undoing the work of the previous incumbent and the rest campaigning for re-election. Elections are highly divisive and despite claims for the best man (yet to be a woman) winning, the calibre of candidates they get is indeed  laughable.

No they have better things to do troll 

I think the world has basically become well used to Trump and his behaviour and it's not confined to 'royalists'.   What's going on now just shows his true colours.   How DARE people not vote for him en masse!!

I don't know whether Biden will be better in terms of 'making America great again' (boy is that necessary) but at least he appears to be more of a Statesman.   I wish him luck because he's inheriting a heck of a mess over there.

In case people outside the UK don't know, we in the UK have an elected Parliament and a Monarchy, both of which work perfectly well, for most of us.

It certainly puts a crimp in the argument that we would be better off with a president.

But with the DJT's atrocious handling of the "China Flu" there isn't much to laugh about.

No, I don't think we do, there but for fortune goes the U.K. Thankfully, we don't have Royalty as our mentally deranged leaders, inciting riots that lead to the deaths of six people, in an arrogant and absurd lie filled attempt, to cling on to power. Their job is largely ceremonial.

• I imagine the world's royalists will have observed how an unsuitable leader can be voted out of office after four years and be glad that their beloved royals are not subject to the same threat. 

Monarchs should reign 

without democratic elections 

Just out of curiosity: what is this question doing in this category? You had trouble locating Politics and Government for some reason?