Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

Is it weird as a male that I use a baby stroller at the grocery store ?

I can't carry all the groceries home and I have attempted using a metal folding basket they just break easily.  The baby strollers seem to last longer.  people react and look at me strangely because they expect a baby when they see me putting groceries and the babies stroller.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's a little eccentric for anyone to be pushing a stroller without a child - but I totally understand where you're coming from.  My mom to this day bemoans the day her youngest got too big to fit in the old "battle tank" baby carriage because shopping got a lot harder after that.  She's got only of those "pensioner trolleys" now and rightly complains that it's too low to reach into comfortably.  I don't you need to worry too much about people.  Anyone seeing a stroller loaded up with groceries will know exactly what's going on, and if they don't know yet they will figure it out on their own.  Maybe you'll be the one to "invent" and market the "ergonomic" shopping cart.

• 1 month ago

It used to be in my culture, but not any more.  I see males using a baby stroller a lot more often than before.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Years ago, my mother and me used to get our 'big shop' from a nearby supermarket and we brought it home in my younger sisters old pram / stroller, we could both push it and it saved carrying all those shopping bags.

So, don't  feel weird, its a practical way to get your groceries home!. 

• 1 month ago

Yes given that most geoceries have carts to use.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Do what you need to. 

• 1 month ago

Personally, a little but it's over. Don't think too much about it. 

• 1 month ago

A little but that's ok. You do what you gotta do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.