Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Do believe the polls that 20 percent of people are now claiming to have someone who has had Covid19 in their family?

why or not? does anyone know of anyone personally?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

At the moment in the US, more than 20 million people have tested positive. 

The population of the US is about 320 million, so 20 percent of that population is about 64 million people.

If each of the 20 million people who tested positive was known by 3 or 4 other people, then 20% of the population would know someone with Covid.

This back-of-the-envelope calculation suggests ... yes ... it could easily be the case that 20% of the population know someone in their family who was infected.

• 2 months ago

If you use Facebook, put up a post asking if anyone you know has had it, or if they know someone who has.  I did it two months ago.  Of the 90 responses, 74 know someone who had it, or they had it themselves.  Only 16 didn't. 

The guy who sits closest to me at work and his wife had it, and I've got many friends who have.  No one in my household has, but we are also very careful.  

• 2 months ago

2 of my colleagues have had Covid, they are both female and one in her mid 40's and the other in her mid 50's.  It's taken several months for them to recover, neither needed Hospital treatment.  An elderly neighbour also had Covid, back in April, he's 97, he ended up needing oxygen, but not on a ventilator.  When he came out of Hospital he was suffering with Dementia.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My brother who's a bus driver just texted me yesterday to say he thinks he might have it, so he's going for a test. I know these tests are very inaccurate, but I'm concerned because he's very overweight. I'm very much a sceptic when it comes to what the government are trying to do with scaring people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's become more like 45%. I had 2 close friends that died from covid, just in my circle of friends (25-45 y/o people). I'm have many friends around the country that tell me they lost relatives. I just found out that my personal accountant was terribly sick from covid but she's survived for now. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

We lost one and another is on life support. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I know double figures who've had it at this stage and one who died after contracting it in hospital while going in for kidney treatment, it's rampant 

• 2 months ago

Yes - if anything it's being under-reported. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.