Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

I have brown discharge?

So around December 19-27 I was with my husband trying to conceive and having sex regularly, today something odd happened and I had a drop or two of what looked like a watery brown discharge. My period had been happening on the 31-5 range so I knew that it could be that, I also took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Does anyone have any idea what’s happening?

You didn't need to share the photos.  

Brown blood is old blood.  It happens sometimes just before a period begins.  Sometimes, the last period didn't completely finish and some blood remained inside you that should have come out at the previous period.  When that happens, the next period will sometimes begin with that old blood coming out first.  It can happen a few days before the actual new period begins or it can happen on the same day a new period begins.  Even if it has never happened to you before, that doesn't mean that it can't happen.  It is usually not a problem and doesn't usually indicate any "bad" health issues.  It is just something that can happen sometimes.  If you feel like it starts happening too often or if it starts happening between periods, you may want to consult your doctor to be sure that there isn't a problem.  (breakthrough bleeding is any bleeding that happens when a period isn't expected.  Breakthrough bleeding is also a normal part of being a woman and having a uterus.  It usually doesn't indicate a problem unless it starts happening between every period.)

Implantation bleeding would usually not be that much or that dark - but if it was related to implantation bleeding - you wouldn't get the positive pregnancy test until about five to seven days after seeing it.