Anonymous

Is a short-term contract job worth it? Should I put it on my resume?

I was contacted for this 4-6 week contract position and I'm not sure if I should take it because it might not be worth putting on my resume. I think this, because I have a 2 year employment gap.

Wouldn't it look bad if I only have a 4-6 week job on my resume? Should I accept this position or keep looking for something permanent?

Thanks!

My 2 year employment gap is due to having a health condition that hindered me physically. Being rude is unnecessary and you shouldn't make assumptions. 

• 28AKO
    Favorite Answer

You need to accept the position if you are currently employed and need to provide for yourself or family. Any job is good right now, short or long term. So many ppl don't or can't get a job right now. You can still continue to job search while working there

If it applies to the position you are trying to get,  yes.

You have been looking for 2 years, maybe your attitude is why it has taken 2 years.

Where you "contacted" or were you "offered".

Either way you should move to the next step.

The 4 weeks might turn into 6 weeks, the 6 weeks, might turn into 8 weeks, and then 4 months, and then 6, they might even offer you a permanent job.