I'm all for the 2nd Amendment, but why are some people so vociferously attached to their guns so that they'd rather die than give them up?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Right to bare as was not in the original constitution signed September 17, 1787.

It was an add-on, like all amendments.

The constitution is a living document that can be changed at any time and with prohibition as an example as how it can even be changed back...

• 1 month ago

Because it's my property and the government can't dictate what it can do with MY 

PROPERTY. 

• 1 month ago

yes and the big gun makes them feel bigger ha ha.  the 2nd amendment needs to be adjusted not abolished.  No one ever spoke of doing away with it only to modify it as is permitted.

• 1 month ago

Maybe because it's a Constitutional RIGHT???

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

When you believe a book about some crucified Jew on his way back for the last 1991 years then something cosmic and supernatural is always about to happen .

People believe the world is a cosmic creation and part of billions of creations 

but this specific creation is marked for elimination by their Skydaddy because it is a special cosmic event just for them . That creates a militia mentality .

Jesus would probably have an AR 15 and dare you to try to take it away .

You're not hanging him again . Again .

• Gloria
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Because its a phallus symbol, the great erection they never had. Insecurity and incelitis on a bigly level.

• 1 month ago

Kind of ironic isn't it? 

• 1 month ago

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory.

I love only that which they defend."

-J.R.R. Tolkien

• 1 month ago

There may be different reasons, but the one I see is patriotism.  If the government can take guns away from a law-abiding citizen, there should be plenty of backlash. When the government is afraid of the people, we have freedom.  When the people are afraid of the government, we have tyranny.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'm attached to all of my Constitution rights and don't want to give any of them up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.