I'm all for the 2nd Amendment, but why are some people so vociferously attached to their guns so that they'd rather die than give them up?

Right to bare as was not in the original constitution signed September 17, 1787.

It was an add-on, like all amendments.

The constitution is a living document that can be changed at any time and with prohibition as an example as how it can even be changed back...

Because it's my property and the government can't dictate what it can do with MY 

PROPERTY. 

yes and the big gun makes them feel bigger ha ha.  the 2nd amendment needs to be adjusted not abolished.  No one ever spoke of doing away with it only to modify it as is permitted.

Maybe because it's a Constitutional RIGHT???

When you believe a book about some crucified Jew on his way back for the last 1991 years then something cosmic and supernatural is always about to happen .

People believe the world is a cosmic creation and part of billions of creations 

but this specific creation is marked for elimination by their Skydaddy because it is a special cosmic event just for them . That creates a militia mentality .

Jesus would probably have an AR 15 and dare you to try to take it away .

You're not hanging him again . Again .

• Gloria

Because its a phallus symbol, the great erection they never had. Insecurity and incelitis on a bigly level.

Kind of ironic isn't it? 

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory.

I love only that which they defend."

-J.R.R. Tolkien

There may be different reasons, but the one I see is patriotism.  If the government can take guns away from a law-abiding citizen, there should be plenty of backlash. When the government is afraid of the people, we have freedom.  When the people are afraid of the government, we have tyranny.

• Jeff D

I'm attached to all of my Constitution rights and don't want to give any of them up.