Mier
Mier asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Does anyone else give the Rams a good chance against Green Bay?

I do, the Rams defense is top notch. Ramsey can come in an put the clamps on Adams. People aren’t even factoring in Aaron Donald. 

I do favor The Packers to win but don’t count out the Rams. 

• JuanB
    Favorite Answer

I hope you are right.  In our random pick office pool I have Rams and the boss has Packers.  Oh well, if you are wrong, I can still brown-nose.

Nope i know the game has been played and it went pretty much how i thought it would. 

I didn't.   Bet on GB to cover, easy money

I can see the Rams winning.

If Goff plays well I think they have a decent chance because their defense is a lot better than Green Bay's. 

I give the Rams a chance indeed. I have two good friends that are long time packer fans and both tell me the same. For the last two years Green Bay is not as good as the record would indicate. Do not count The Rams out. 

The Rams definitely have a chance.  Green Bay had real trouble stopping the run this year and the Rams can run the heck out of the ball with Akers.  The Rams also have a pass rush that can get pressure on Rodgers, and even great QBs struggle under constant pressure.  The Rams will need more out of Goff than they got last week to win but they've definitely got a chance to win if Goff can give them anything.    

• Cu Tie

Yes, ever since winning Super Bowl XLV, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers have come up short in the playoffs, sometimes losing in spectacular fashion. The last time the Packers had home field advantage was the 15-1 season in 2011, and they failed to win a playoff game, getting blown out by a 9-7 New York Giants team. Last year, Rodgers and the Packers were outplayed by a 49ers team quarterbacked by Jimmy Garoppolo. It would not surprise me one bit if the Packers came up short again against the Rams.

I think they definitely have a chance, but there are some big, health-related  variables going against them now....most-notably Aaron Donald's ribs and Jared Goff's thumb and brain...

Rodgers' effectiveness historically goes way down if he gets knocked down a few times early in the game, so a healthy Aaron Donald is vital.  Without him in good health I think the offensive advantage remains with the Packers.

I credit Goff's toughness in the Seahawk game, but there were still times he held the ball a beat too long or ignored his open "check down" guy in favor of forcing lower-percentage throws down field.  His decision making needs to be better and he has to understand that a 3-4 yard gain on 2nd and 7 is perfectly acceptable.

Goff will be the key to me.  If he can generate 20-24 points of offense and avoid the big mistake I think the defense can get to Rodgers and possibly score some points themselves.

Which people aren't factoring in Aaron Donald?