Is dropping your motorcycle still embarrassing if you get into an accident and your not at-fault?

It Might have been, showing off. Losing her doing   a burnout at  Rocky Point, maybe. In front of all those Girls?

Rest of time, a 660#- Plus machine pinning me, hot exhausts? I think I'd have More on my plate than how red my face was.....like, oncoming Traffic?

200 lbs on a Moped, Eh? What if you are 200  lbs of Solid Muscle, Black Belt? We Ride mopeds and motorbikes,  cagers "drive" .

The only time dropping a motorcycle considered embarrassing .Is when it's pilot error ,or cause your showing off If it cause a accident it's not embarrassing for the rider But for the A hole that caused it Only when it's from lack of skills ,or cause of showing off Basically pilot error is embarrassing A accident is not embarrassing it's unfortunate is all it is STOP WORRYING WHAT OTHERS THINK AMD ENJOY YOURSELF those morons who talk **** about other riders cause they are not as good or have that experience is what makes this sport shitth I've been riding and. Racing bikes since I was 5 years old I'm happy that anyone would want to ride I encourage that Unless your a complete moron who won't learn from any mistakes Please do feel embarrassed over anything Some guys are just happy people still want to get into this awesome sport or recreational setting .Keep on keeping on and never worry about what others think and don't get on that band wagon either Stay yourself and offer help instead of criticize then Not saying you do That But you seem worried about what others may think I think it's great that your riding But a accident does not mean you look stupid It's dangerous to think of others saying your a lame or some **** like that I've seen pro riders drop there bike and yeah we laughed But was dead and never mentioned again Even pros make rookie mistakes A ACCIDENT IS NO MISTAKE ON YOR PART AT ALL .enjoy yourself and the rest can go F@ck themselves just have fun and ride within your capabilities not out side of them Cause your destined to get hurt if you re ice outside your limits Experienced riders push their limits But not all the time They use the experience they gained by riding to make it home safely Accidents on motorcycles are no joke no matter how small it's not funny and not your error .Your good 

Not embarrassing in the least.  At least I am still alive. That is the way I look at it.

• adam

its not embarrassing . Stuff happens. Hopefully ya dont scratch paint or chrome. 

• Fred

If everyone was so embarrassed over dropping a motorcycle that they could never ride again... the world would be absent of motorcycle riders!

They come in three groups:

1. Those that have dropped a bike.

2. Those that will drop a bike.

3. Those individuals that constantly lie about not dropping a bike! 

My last drop was some 8 years ago.  A sport bike has an extremely high center of gravity. I stalled the motor on an incline at low speed looking for a place to park. I had a previous parking error; the bike too high to push backward into a tight parking spot on a very slight incline. Of course it had to be with a group of some 40 other bikers sole interest focused on my second parking effort.  Slowly circling parking lot focused on parking availability, stall motor, and slow  drop to failing physical effort of left leg and twisted torso  to cement. Small paint scratches on the alternator cover; greatest damage to my ego.  They helped raise the bike, I had a choice: drop bike on my leg or drop on cement. I made the right choice!   I rode the bike across the street and parked on a level area, all watching.  One saving comment was one of the 'common crank pin' riders stated he didn't know a sport bike was that heavy?  I failed explaining to him,  "The motor's cam and valve cover is less than 1.5 inches from the top of gas tank filler cap!"

The only embarrassment is driving a moped when you are over 200 lbs.

You have just had an accident,  your main concern is not embarrassing your self. 

Makes no sense to me. 

Often more embarrassing than painful. You will get over it, just don't get used to it.

Your motorcycle is like your child.  It does not matter who is at fault, you do not want to see it hurt.

One can be not at fault, legally, but still have an accident which was avoidable. If I had an avoidable accident I would try to learn from it and not do that again. How you think I should feel is irrelevant.