Is the video game "God Of War" good as people say it is.?

Favorite Answer

If you mean the 2018 game, yes, it is. Before I played it last year, my favorite games were Skyrim, Fallout 4, New Vegas, BioShock and the Dishonored series. Now my favorite game is God of War. I don't usually like playing games in "third person," I prefer first-person (as you can tell from the games I listed) but whatever they did with GoW, it worked. "Over the shoulder" 3rd person, I think they call it? And the way that the gameplay flowed perfectly into the cutscenes and back again, just amazing. 

I also don't like a lot of climbing (like in Horizon Zero Dawn or Uncharted). And yet I still loved God of War (Kratos does a lot of climbing). I was deeply moved by the writing, story, and performances. The environments, character design, battle sequences and combat mechanics were beautiful, despite the few quick time events - and I usually hate QTEs with a passion. I've played games where combat felt confusing, repetitive or frustrating (like Witcher 3 on console, blah). God of War felt amazing to play, even when it was difficult. And it IS difficult. Wow. 

It's not a perfect game. I thought the whole armor/weapon upgrade system was a bit cumbersome, and there didn't seem to be much of a point to a lot of the special attacks, just there to be different or cool looking. Some areas of the map were inaccessible, which seemed weird. Why have them there? Almost like the game was unfinished. 

The strength of the game is the story and mo-cap performances, lack of glitches (I only experienced a few very minor ones), and bashing the crap out of cool monsters.  If you can't get into that, then you probably wouldn't like it. 

nope..i played that new one with his son and all...maybe i came in too late.  the first 2 or 3 were hack and slash games but this new one..the only one i played...its not terrible.  but not great either...small linear levels with lots of back tracking to solve puzzles.  combat is not bad..but i didnt really love the combat system