Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 1 month ago

i got a scratch on the centre of my neck is that near an artery? right in the middle of the front of my neck will i be okay? theres no blood?

but it is very sore it happened earlier today with a magazine and it feels like the skin on my neck is seperating every time i talk and swallow it’s like my neck is moving weird. i googled my symptoms like an idiot and it says a cut on the neck can be fatal?

Hypochondriac troll reported 🇸🇴

I think you need to get your anxiety under control!

You have a paper cut on your neck, while it's painful, its a superficial cut and you did NOT knick an artery or vain! If you severed a vain, you would be bleeding profusely, and you would be dead by now, generally a person would be dead in 15 mins or less without any kind of life saving medical treatment.

What you want to do is with soap and cool water, wash out the wound, to avoid any potentially infection, and after that it will heal all on its own. A cut that minor will fully heal within a week tops.

I would strongly recommend you go book an appointment with your doctor, because from where I stand, you have some kind of anxiety disorder that needs to be addressed going forward.

• It's only fatal if you sever an artery.  If you'd done that, you'd be unconscious and in the middle of a lake of blood.  You can stabilise the skin by putting a Band Aid on it, but it will hurt when you take it off.

• kelvin

you are not gonna die