Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Will I get arrested?

I abandoned a post yesterday night as a security guard. This morning I received a call from the supervisor that someone broke in and did some damages. Will I be arrested or be accused?

It was the last day of the contract.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

probably not arrested but expect to be sued for damages

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is very likely as what you did was at best very unprofessional at worst you did it yourself or worked with someone else telling them you would leave the premises unattended

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is nothing to be arrested for.  You could potentially be sued.

• 2 months ago

You have to accept that your behaviour was suspicious in the circumstances. They might reasonably believe you did the damage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

What was stolen?  You are a prime suspect, and your friends.   You will also have trouble with future employment since you are unreliable.  It is strange that the "first and only" time you failed, there was a break-in.  Depending upon what was stolen, there will be warrants to check your place for evidence.  

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You will not get arrested, but it would go on your work record. That will make it harder to get another job as a security guard.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can't abandon your job on a whim.  It doesn't matter that it was the "last day of the contract."  You will probably have to pay for the damages.

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's the last day of your career as a guard, nobody will hire you now.

• 2 months ago

No, you aren't criminally responsible but your employer can discipline you.

• 2 months ago

You can be held liable for the loss.  So yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.