Elyse asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Should I drive 10 hours for a covid-19 vaccine? ?

I’m working from home at my parent’s house in another state that’s 10 hours away from where I work. I’m signed up to get the covid vaccine this weekend. However, I have to drive 10 hours to get there. Hotel, gas, car rental fee, etc. where I’m at right now won’t have the vaccine available until the spring. Please share your thoughts! Thanks 

Likely you could in theory do that and i support your decision to do that 100% and yes i think you should do whatever it takes even if its a long drive.

Keep in mind though i would do your research first as i am guessing by question/posts description that likely the place nearest you a this time that has it is in a different county and/or State than where you currently live.

If this is the case then you wanna make sure they are letting people not in that area have it at this time aka anybody aka find out if outsiders to them are allowed to have it in that area your talking about.

So overall i say go for it but do the research first before deciding on yes or no first.

I mean you do not wanna go all that way just to have them tell you NO.

Plus sites im doing the research on seem to imply that you have to get this twice or whatever so consider that also.

10 hours is far. I mean everyone most likely probably will get vaccinated near there area soon. but it's up to you if you can take the strain of a 10 hour drive then by all but if your healthy I dont see why you would consider it. Tbh can the vaccine really protect us idk. Do they accept people from other states I mean you drive and they reject you then that's for nothing.10 hours of driving isnt easy and you how many times will they require you to come back so 10 hours again.

I wouldnt. It shouldnt be this hard. But we have had  no leadership no organization no unity. Everyone is on a different page.

Some states and cities are rejecting persons arriving in their area to get the COVID-19 vaccine before their citizens. You need to plan your trip before driving a long distance for the vaccine. Some zealous people stock their automobile with food and drive to a vaccine center and spend the night in the auto. Consider this approach!

Only if you're high risk. A normal, healthy person has a 99%+ survival rate. With proper care (dexamethasone and megadoses of vitamin C, zinc etc) should be very close to 100%.. 

• Tavy

I would I want my life back.

U.K.

• *

I would say not drive, if you are living in a low risk environment.

Don't forget, you need two shots a few weeks apart, so you will have to make the trip twice.

As a truck driver, I drive 10 hours most days, no big deal