Which is a better career choice for 44 year old woman? Web development or accounting? ?

I need to retrain as I worked in hospitality. I have been studying Web development and I like it but somehow I feel it is going to take years to get to a job-ready level, as javascript is not my favourite language also what I would really want to do is working with AI and VR and it's really far out of reach at the moment to go back to university. 

Accounting/bookkeeping seems a bit easier to achieve and I like working with numbers. 

I am not sure what to do, as I'm not sure which one offers more chance to get employed. 

I guess I just want to hear some opinions. 

Favorite Answer

Look at job posting for both these positions and decide. Being a bookkeeper doesn't require a degree, but it also doesn't pay as much as a web developer.  You do also have to be honest with yourself about the time and money you can invest as well as your natural abilities. If you aren't going to develop competency or confidence in the required skills, you won't get hired regardless of how many jobs there are in that field.