Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

False negative?

How likely is it to test negative at 7 weeks ? I got my withdrawal bleed on the 29th of december which is when it was due to come and lasted 6 days which is how long it normally lasts. However, it was light and mainly brown with a tiny bit of pinkish red. I took a pregnancy test on the 13th of jan and it was negative. If I am pregnant, I’d be 7 weeks. I’m not really having any symptoms other than the fact that I’ve been bloated the last few days. I took the test as directed and took it as soon as I woke up. Is it possible for it to be a false negative ? 

It has been over 30 days since I had unprotected sex but I am on birth control (tricyclen lo) 

• n2mama

Very unlikely to have a false negative at that point. False negatives are generally from women testing too early, before the hormone surge has really begun. Anything is possible, but I would be surprised if you were pregnant.

• Jill

You're not pregnant.