Car is vibrating when stopping, what should I do?

Today when I was driving, I came to a stop sign and I noticed my car was vibrating at a stop sign almost like it was going to stall. 

When I kept driving, it drove smoothly and no engine light has come on. Should I take it in? Or should I just wait?

Huyndai accent 2014

• zipper
    Favorite Answer

That could be bad gas, air filter needs to be changed, gas filter needs changing; or timing needs to be checked. It could any one or a mixture of these reasons; or one of your plug wires is loose or bad. In any case it needs to be checked out!

• Sky

Take your car to a brake shop.  You have either a warped disk brake rotor, or a brake drum that is out of round.  That causes it to grip more in some spots than others, resulting in rapidly intermittent braking and thus the vibration you're experiencing.  You should get all the brakes inspected, and if any are showing excessive wear, have them replace both the disk/drum and the pads.

Seeing the Mechanic GOD is cheaper sooner than after the car CROAKS.  It may be minor. Be exact in your description and they can figure it out fast.  Time is money.

From your description,, sounds like   it Isn't:  "brakes"--"vibrating at stop sign" = Engine or tranny,  maybe both

"Make. Model. Year"  makes Little difference. Maybe a Diesel ?

Look for loose spark plug  wires (If U Have them.) Push 'em back on.

Try pulling spark plug wires (If U Have them) one at a time. The  one  that makes No difference isn't firing .Try a new plug. If that doesnt fix it new wires (if you Have them, Again). Or new coil pack.

If all  firing. look for loose vac lines, broke/loose bellows from air cleaner to throttle body. Listen for hissing.  Grab throttle pos, sensor, is it Loose? Sprat WD-40 at joints where bellows go in--does idle change? 

Try a tank of Top Tier premium.

You Might have leak  at brake. booster. possibly check valve.   Use P. brake or select "P" at a stop, take foot Off brakes. Idle improve?

(Most of this will apply to a 1909 Ford as well as  a 2021   Lexus...))

If it vibrates while slowing, have the brakes checked.

If it vibrates while stopped, the brakes are not the issue, but you should have the issue identified.

Until the cause is known, we can only guess how urgent it is to address.

I agree with the answer stating you have been warned something is not normal.

Probably warped rotors.

• CB

Wait and risk the price of a tow (another 80-100 bucks) and the inconvenience or take it in now and skip the "boy was I stupid" feeling.

You need to tell us what you drive...the size motor and the mileage if you want us to guess.

Year make and model.  Check for a vacuum leak.  See a mechanic.  Car can also have a low idle due to bad idle air control valve.

Just wait.  15 characters