Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Is pizza a balanced diet?

It has all the food groups: 

Grains- Crust

Protein- Pepperoni, Sausage etc

Dairy- Cheese

Vegetables- Onions, peppers etc

Fruits- Tomato sauce

Not always..

If you are having the conventional pizza made of refined flour and overloaded with cheese, then its definitely harmful. But if you use wholesome flours like bajra (pearl millet), ragi (finger millet),barley or even whole wheat flour, it is not that harmful. For an even more healthier choice, you can use cheese in moderation and use something like Parmesan which is relatively low in calories (110 in a one-ounce serving), but it's high in sodium (449 milligrams for the same serving size), so be sure to use it in moderation. Don't forget to overload it with veggies as they are of utmost importance from both flavour and nutritional aspect.

Using these kind of changes and tweaking of food, we, as nutrition science students try our level best to bring out alternative recipes which are healthy to eat, where people do not have to disappoint their taste buds. And trust me, pizzas are topping our lists now. I have seen people experiment so much with pizzas that i guess that day is not far when the healthier options will only be available and the conventional pizza made of refined flour will become history.

Ok if you use whole wheat crust and extra vegetables.

• adam

thats about the dumbest thing I ever read. 

• Sam

I think pizza is a balance diet 

but that's just my personal opinion.  

A couple slices would be okay and might be good for you.

A couple extra large pizzas with extra cheese and sausage, 

is probably not good for you,

or anyone.  

I could be wrong. 

Source(s): My diet is, eat everything, in moderation. Eat a small bowl of ice cream. Don't sit down and consume the whole gallon container. Leave some for me please.

Lol only if you make it yourself using garden ingrediants and nutritious bread, then yes.

French bread might be healthier than dough.

Wash that down with some good beer and red wine.

• Newman

It depends on where the pizza is made.  If you buy it from Restaurants, Frozen commercial ones from supermarket, or Brand name Fast-food, you usually consume  extra ingredients  including monosodium glutamate (MSG), artificial colorings and flavors and high-fructose corn syrup. The wheat crust is loaded with pesticides and GMOs.  The Pepperoni and Sausages contain nitrates. The tomato sauce is loaded with salt and sugar and colorings.

• keerok

Pizza may contain all the food groups but in the wrong proportions. It contains too much carbs with too little protein and vegetables. No. It's not a balanced diet.

Yes.

But its best when the ingredients are fresh and raw veggies or at least half cooked.

You need variety too. So... dont just stick to pizza.

• But the fat from the cheese is too high and the crust is refined flour which isn’t good.