Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Is this a load of crap? ?

Long story short, I applied at the police department in my hometown. Passed the first “background check”, passed the written and physical, placed on the eligible candidate list, and went for my polygraph. I was told I passed the polygraph and about a month later while waiting for an update, I received an email saying that I was no longer under consideration for the position due to a misdemeanor offense that could have wind up with me serving a year or me in prison. Guys, I’ve never even been arrested before. Only thing on my record is a single speeding ticket. I even called and asked them what could possibly be on my record that they’re talking about and they claimed they couldn’t tell me! What the hell is going on?! Oh. And plus statement. My rank on the qualified candidate list was 40 out of 73. How could they see something on my record if I was placed on the qualified candidate list? 

Your attorney can get that information.  Often cop shops lie about such.  As you scored higher than a cops brat. & they want family on the force.  If they did lie. Then you can sue them. Make a copy of what they wrote or e mailed you.  Then go for there throat if they lied.  They then owe you that job.

There are numerous checking sites, not just one.  Was the one single speeding ticket at a very high speed?  20 mph or more over the limit?  A high fine?  Then you got a criminal record too.  Only minor traffic offenses are considered infractions.

• Archer

Just because you don't remember does not mean there aren't records. It isn't their job to remind you of that which you 'didn't' put in the application.

• Foofa

You clearly need to get a lawyer to look into this and correct the record. 

Yes, YOUR FICTION is a load of crap.

1. By definition, you CAN'T serve a year in prison for a misdemeanor.

2. The ORIGINAL notification that you were no longer under consideration due to anything on your record would have told you EXACTLY what that was.

3. If you were ranked 40th, you didn't have a chance of actually being hired anyway.

When you are old enough to drive, you should have improved you trolling skills.

Take a signed and notarized request for your criminal history to the closest Police Station.  I own a business, work with a partner.  SOMEHOW someone used HIS business card as proof of identity and used that proof of identity to open a charge account and racked up over $2,500 before my partner was aware of the deception.  I have NO idea how this happens, but it does!

• Bruce

Sounds like someone may have been arrested and used your name and date of birth. You should request a copy of your criminal history from the state.