Jordan asked in TravelMexicoCancun · 1 month ago

Can you sail from cancun to New Zealand ?

Can you sail from cancun to New Zealand an if so what the best time to start an how old does it take

Yes, you can. I'll assume you mean in a sailboat. Best time to start depends which route you intend to take. It will take weeks, probably 5 to 10 weeks, to cross the Pacific if you don't stop anywhere. I couldn't find any estimates of how long it takes if you go the other way. Can't see why it would take less time.

I hope someone seeking answers on YA! is not sailing from Cancun to NZ. This is a huge trip and can take at least a couple months. It also requires a Panama Canal traverse and open ocean for many weeks. You would want to plan for some stops at mid Pacific islands.

🥴🤔 What?

How long? 

Id say a week or 2. And its possible if you have a boat or one that is willing to head out that way. You would have to google Cancun international charters.