can any one pleas help me or tell me what is this led indicator in the mother board ? ?

I want to know the name of this 2 digit indicator in the mother board and what is it used for ? and how to install it ?

thanks

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It’s a debug output for your BIOS (Basic Input Output System). When you turn on your computer, the BIOS checks all the devices that are connected to the motherboard and makes sure that they are working correctly. If there is any problem, it will display a certain code that you can search in the motherboard manual (or on Google) to see what the problem is. It just makes it a little easier to figure out what’s wrong if you have a problem.

• 1 month ago

I am retired Federal IT, and without knowing what motherboard you have, it is likely a motherboard temperature led. This was done by your manufacturer for an IT professional to troubleshoot motherboard temps when it is affecting something else going on there on the motherboard like an overheating video card, overheated ram, etc. A typical user isn't supposed to observe this led like you did and now you're confused, so monitor your motherboard temp via HWInfo (download it) on your desktop. Now you know.

Source(s): Federal Government IT level.
  • 1 month ago

Sorry your pics not show

• 1 month ago

This displays what the motherboard is doing now. There should be a chart in your motherboard manual of what each number does, this is there so that you can diagnose errors better. Also likely, CPU Temp.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

no brand?  no model?  we'll guess -- it's the trouble display for when the computer can't boot .. you'll find the instructions for it in the owner's manual

• 1 month ago

Read the MOBO manual.  If you've misplaced it, download it from the manufacturer's website. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would talk to someone in a computer place about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.