Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 2 months ago

Is there a point to buying expensive as opposed to basic soap or gel if they are soon rinsed off, standing in a shower?

Update:

I am in Europe and buy French & Italian organic shea soaps

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Honestly just read the ingredients and also organic is just marketing as a chemistry mager I found all the hype on natural and no parabens are so much more dangerous to bacteria's and mutated bacteria's that cause even flesh eating bacteria's so the organic is over priced and over hyped 

• 😈
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Regular soap can dry out your skin. If you want a really good body wash, try SOFTSOAPS. I have been using these for years. So many wonderful scents. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sometimes the bargain priced soaps can be very drying of the skin, can be less easy to rinse, can have unattractive aroma, etc. But it's not necessary to pay designer prices for a good skin cleanser that doesn't leave skin dry, that rinses clean, and doesn't smell unpleasant. 

But yeah, paying $90 for an 8 ounce bottle of shower gel is kind of silly unless maybe you're absolutely swimming in money. 

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Mine scents the whole bathroom.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Read reviews. Some can be quite helpful. Study ingredients, and know your skin's sensitivities. Check the NYT's Wirecutter and Consumer Reports' reviews if they're available online. After a little bit of research, it's easy to identify the best for the money.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.