Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 2 months ago

Why is it that Japanese cars such as Toyota are so reliable and efficient but Korean cars like Kia are not?

• Anton
    Favorite Answer

This is another of the  stupid "questions" that start with a falsehood.

Toyota knows that their vehicles are good for 3 years/36,000 miles, warranted.

KIA knows that their vehicles are good for 5 years/60,000 miles, warranted.

• chorle

Recently I have had the best luck with US made Japanese brand cars but I don't have enough miles on my current Ford hybrids to call them good but so far both have over 70K and the only big problem I have had is no spare tire.

I have talked to people with Kia/Huandyi cars and many of them would buy another unlike any kia owner I talked to in the 1990's. My wife had a 2000 sportage the drivetrain seemed okay the interior parts broke and the brake and calipers need replaced every 30k which I think had much to do with it was about when asbestos stopped being put in brake pads and they hadn't found a good replacement yet,

You need to know where to get information. Try: https://www.carcomplaints.com/Kia/

You don't see Toyotas blowing up their engines at 61,000 miles.

Why is it you have no clue? I can also confirm that KIA offer a 7 year guarantee on their cars in the UK. Toyota is five years. That's a good indicator of reliability. Efficiency is on a par too.

• ?

Kias gave the longest warranty of any company ( 7 years in U.K.). They wouldn’t do that if they were likely to have a lot of claims.

Toyota was in business for many years before Korea started making cars. KIA's have gotten much better from when thy first came out.

• CB

Japan has been perfecting the production and engineering process for 60+ years, Korea has only been at it for a small fraction of that time.

Hyundai and Kia are getting more and more reliable. Cars like the hyundai accent, elantra, and sonata are perfectly reliable if you maintain them.

My F150 has over 400,000 miles on it and still drives GREAT.

Because ignorant internet trolls like you say so?