Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 2 months ago

Why is it that Japanese cars such as Toyota are so reliable and efficient but Korean cars like Kia are not?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anton
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

This is another of the  stupid "questions" that start with a falsehood.

Toyota knows that their vehicles are good for 3 years/36,000 miles, warranted.

KIA knows that their vehicles are good for 5 years/60,000 miles, warranted.

• chorle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Recently I have had the best luck with US made Japanese brand cars but I don't have enough miles on my current Ford hybrids to call them good but so far both have over 70K and the only big problem I have had is no spare tire.

I have talked to people with Kia/Huandyi cars and many of them would buy another unlike any kia owner I talked to in the 1990's. My wife had a 2000 sportage the drivetrain seemed okay the interior parts broke and the brake and calipers need replaced every 30k which I think had much to do with it was about when asbestos stopped being put in brake pads and they hadn't found a good replacement yet,

• 2 months ago

You need to know where to get information. Try: https://www.carcomplaints.com/Kia/

You don't see Toyotas blowing up their engines at 61,000 miles.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why is it you have no clue? I can also confirm that KIA offer a 7 year guarantee on their cars in the UK. Toyota is five years. That's a good indicator of reliability. Efficiency is on a par too.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Kias gave the longest warranty of any company ( 7 years in U.K.). They wouldn’t do that if they were likely to have a lot of claims.

• 2 months ago

Toyota was in business for many years before Korea started making cars. KIA's have gotten much better from when thy first came out.

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Japan has been perfecting the production and engineering process for 60+ years, Korea has only been at it for a small fraction of that time.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hyundai and Kia are getting more and more reliable. Cars like the hyundai accent, elantra, and sonata are perfectly reliable if you maintain them.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My F150 has over 400,000 miles on it and still drives GREAT.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because ignorant internet trolls like you say so?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.