Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 2 months ago

Immigration Solicitor wants £70 to apply for fee waiver for me, I have £6k in the bank and documents are £2.7k....?

She said if I'm reluctant to pay £2.7k to renew my Leave to Remain and Health Surcharge, I should try fee waiving with the UK Home Office. Should I say no and keep my £70 since I'm working and I'm single (no partner and kids) and I read somewhere that I won't be entitled cos I'm not dead broke. If I'm not likely to get it, I don't know why she's asking me to me to bother. 

Do NOT apply for any fee waiver. You will not get any fee waiver, and will not get any renewal of your Leave to Remain. Pay the fees, or go home to your own country. Those are your choices.

• Maxi

So you have LIMITED leave to remain after applying for ILR and being turned down and you do not need ' to read smewhere' you just need to read the offical criteria https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governmen...

• Lisa A

She is offering to do it because she gets your  £70 either way, if you are approved or denied. And that's what she wants: the  £70.

Why don't you  Google 'uk fee waiver' and read the rules for yourself.  Then you will know whether you qualify based on facts that you know but we do not.  Posting the same question again and again solves nothing and is also against the site's rules.

If you have indefinite leave to remain then it is indefinite.  You don't have to "renew" it.  If you > don't < already have indefinite leave to remain then the application is expensive.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/rep...

Since your question is not clear then you need to talk to a different immigration solicitor. 

Learn better English. Nobody understands you.