My friend has a myriad of symptoms that are scaring her, but doctors can’t figure it out, and don’t believe her. Anyone have any ideas?

Here are her symptoms: 

-flashes that interrupt and flood her vision- they change shape, sometimes they’re “streaks”, come on at any time, but definitely when watching tv. Makes it difficult to drive- she is afraid of losing her vision. 

-“Snapping” sounds inside her head. 

-Rapid heart rate 

-Chest pains 

-Difficulty breathing 

Sounds like maybe panic attacks and seizures need to be ruled out. 

Yep, stressed out. Just had a big break up? 

• Lili

If doctors -- ophthalmologists and neurologists -- have found nothing via tests, then I'd say her problem is anxiety. The symptoms she is experiencing could easily be caused by anxiety.

She may wish to consult a psychiatrist.

A keto diet should not have caused any of this.

ocular migraine symptoms

SOUNDS LIKE THE RETINA IS AT FAULT....

A tear a hole

Hi, I’m answering both questions in this because idk how to respond to them individually. She’s visited a few- Doctor, general neurologist, autonomic 

Neurologist, and she’s been tested for POTS & dysotomnia, both of which she doesn’t have. There’s probably some anxiety issues there too, but I’m not sure what it’s all responsible for. I need to check if she’s taking vitamins (I think she is)- all of this started after she went on the keto diet- she regrets it now; I’m sure there’s vitamin deficiencies from the diet that have led to these issues, but again, idk what all they’re responsible for. Thank you both for the help! 

• Tavy

Doctors? Do you mean eye Doctors or a Neurologist. What tests has she had? The latter sounds like anxiety.

i mean when i stand too fast i lose my vision.  maybe its a circulatory problem.  I would have her start exercising and just as importantly start taking vitamins if she is not already