Dipto
Dipto asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 2 months ago

The food customers don't eat the waiters allowed to eat that food?

I am just curious, what if the boss got mad. or it must be thrown in the recycle bin?

Of course, that is why I when I was a waiter, I would always go up to the customer  and ask them  “ are you going to be eating that?“ and point to something on their plate. Or I would say” please don’t eat that, that is my favorite!“

Of course they are not allowed to eat it! And why would anyone want to? That is gross and disgusting. You don't know what those customers could have done to that food, ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

Management will usually forbid it, because state health laws usually forbid it. However, I can tell you that when I worked at a pancake restaurant, most of the staff (including me) were struggling financially. So...the first time I ever ate a customer’s uneaten food was when a guy sent his steak back to the kitchen for being overdone. (We served steak and eggs.) He’d taken one bite. I was 19, it was 4:00 p.m., and I’d had nothing to eat that day. I was counting my tips and hoping to get enough for a meal when my shift ended. (It was an afternoon shift, very slow, and I wasn’t likely to get enough. And no, we didn’t get free food.) 

The manager wasn’t there, and the cook carefully cut around the section the customer’s knife had touched, boxed up the steak, and gave it to me with a couple of slices of bread he pretended he’d dropped. After that, like most of the others who worked there, I ate customers’ leftover food routinely. 

Don’t judge. You’d be surprised what you’d do if you’re hungry.

It's a gigantic factor in the client experience and ought not be trifled with. ... Consider the time you visited an eatery and had an awful server. ... The main concern is, individuals can eat pretty much anyplace, however they need to like where they are eating to appreciate the ... Let's be honest, individuals don't care for sitting tight for their food or beverages.

the waiters can eat any food left over once the customers leave. But they need to be sure the customers had no illness that could be transferred through half eaten food

Why would they want it? They get their own food.

no, due to hygiene reasons

Yes, the waiters can eat any food left over once the customers leave. But they need to be sure the customers had no illness that could be transferred through half eaten food.

• garry

no straight in the rubbish bin after all its payed for ..and the waiters didnt pay for it so why eat it ..its not there property .

• chorle

That food was thrown out and is currently put into containers and later used as part of mulch for farmers to grow more food.

The restaurant staff generally get a combination of food that too much was cooked for the orders and food made at made for their lunch.