San

What is this called?

When someone keeps saying they would do something once a certain point in time has passed, what is this point in time called?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

what word would I use?  It would be a trigger in many contexts (the trigger will flip once a condition is satisfied), when you set a limit of some sort that requires satisfaction before some subsequent action.  The generic idea is that there is a condition, and that condition is the time limit, so probably you mean the condition, as the best word choice I can come up with. 

What word would adequately describe such a specific thing as you ask about?  I am not certain there is a specific word for that.

We use deadline to mark the end of a period of application.  I am not sure we have a specific word for marking the end of the set-aside, or pause, before starting an action.  We do call that time period before the end of the pause as a delay in some situations, perhaps even a head-start in certain particular uses.

Must finish before is deadline.  cannot start until after?  I do not know.

It is anything but a cutoff time. A cutoff time implies it must be done before a specific time. You're getting some information about when it isn't possible until a specific time.

Typically this is communicated without a thing related with that time, e. g. "applications can be submitted beginning Feb. 1."

I would state it's something like "start date" and one reference gives "start" as something contrary to "cutoff time." I don't believe there's a more explicit term.

"I will give you an ultimatum, after this deadline is met, I will go to court".

Does that sentence, Express what you are asking.

This point in time is either called: "the extent of time" or "the period of time".

• garry

its the dealine , as in the deadline it on monday by noon .. or you can use the limit , as in it is limited for saturday .

After. After all the football games I will make dinner.

It's not a deadline. A deadline means it has to be done before a certain time. You're asking about when it can't be done until a certain time.

Usually this is expressed without a noun associated with that time, e. g. "applications can be submitted starting Feb. 1."

I would say it's something like "start date" and one reference gives "start" as the opposite of "deadline." I don't think there's a more specific term.

A "deadline".            

You can call it "Waiting Period".

Perhaps!