What would be a good blog to start? I'd like it to be helpful to people and generate an income for me.?

Start with Something that you love talking about. If you have passion for what you do it will never feel like work. Start your blog and you will attract the people who enjoy what you are saying and are interested.

<<What would be a good blog to start? I'd like it to be helpful to people...>>

You can blog on any topic where you are an expert. 

<<...and generate an income for me.?>>

If you have good content and a lot of engaged subscribers, then you can make a few dollars (but not a lot).

One of my friends runs a blog with about 12,000 subscribers, with new content three times per week. She earns about $100 per month, which covers hosting and other related expenses.

My wife has three blogs, with about 75,000 subscribers in total. She makes about $2500 per year. She's been doing this for about 6 years.

Blogging is a hobby not a full time job.

unrealistic to expect income.