Are overweight people treated differently from others or are treated the same?

Now first, before readers blast me for asking this "insensitive" question - I struggle with my weight and am very self-conscious of it. 

However, I noticed that nearly everyone I encounter - including family and friends - never treat me badly. In fact, they look at me as if I'm the most amazing person, and even hug me and look out for me.

I thought, being overweight, I wouldn't be treated this way. Or unless maybe I'm not really that overweight after all? 

4 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

It varies. SOME people do behave differently toward others based on how attractive that person is to them and weight can be a factor. Some people will treat over or underweight people less kindly because they assume those people don't care about themselves or their appearance. Others treat people equally, regardless of their size or other aspects of appearance. 

• 2 weeks ago

Beware of broad generalizations. You go from one instance, yourself, to an entire class of people with no definition of terms. As given, there's no way to research this. 

• Audrey
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Of course we are. Skinny people always get the best of everything. Jobs, spouses, clothes, always.

• 2 weeks ago

Overweight doesn't mean ugly.

Take an example here.

He's obesed yet still handsome.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.