Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 3 months ago

Should I get my car fixed or get another?

I recently got my car looked at because the engine light was on. The mechanic told me $1500 to get it fixed. The car I really want I can’t get it now. I wanted this car to last until June (tabs expire). I can’t finance my credit isn’t the greatest, should I get a few things from the list done (most important things)? How much longer will my car last? It drives fine right now. I paid $1000 for the car in November of 2018 and I bought it with 221k miles on it and put almost $2000 into it. What should I do?

Police stop you at checkpoint to check if you’re chipped (aka vaccinated)

Police check the car; let's say 4 people car but signal only from 3; so, police stop it to chip the notyetchipped; signal from 4 now and police let the car go. This is prophecy by saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov. Notice police chip (aka vaccinate) people at gun point in Africa; so, no more "it's not gonna happen here" 'cuz it will soon enough, capisce?

Police do it on highways or when you leave your city... basically, you can't leave your city unless you're vaccinated; but vaccine = mark of the beast; so, escape now while your city doesn't have these rules; forgive me.

Gov't sprays chemtrails so that people feel symptoms of flu

5G will kill vaccinated; just read Georgia Guidestones' commandment of 500 million max population on earth; it fits with Orthodox Christian prophecy of 7 percent of people left

Russian Orthodox prophecy also says that there will be unbearable stench in winter. So, there you go. Russian winters are cold. So, they must have died from the new disease that doesn't have a name 'cuz it's caused by 5G.

martial law; Constitution was suspended; New World Order

read Book of Revelation; Chapters 13 and 14, please

chipped people will be influenced by super computers to receive World Passport (grey plastic card with no name on it), but when they stretch their hands to get it, gov't clerk presses secret button to administer the unforgivable green 666 tattoo by isotope rays

If you escape mark of the beast, then your direct ancestors go to permanent heaven

how to escape it? by hiding within a small group (10 - 15 people according to saints Gabriel Urgebadze and Seraphim of Sarov); no documents; no electronics

Project Pogo = Alex Jones, QAnon, Adam Green, etc. videos are put out so that gov't tracks who watches them. (Project Zyphr annihilates people who watch these videos). Drone with scopolamine will drill a hole in your window at 4 am. Once gassed, you will come out to the police van (waiting for you outside) yourself; you will be taken to underground camp to be tortured for adrenochrome. The rest of the people will be secretly (or even openly) chipped when they sign up for food in closed stores

AI (artificial intelligence aka demons) will post on your social media as if it were you doing it while you're on vacation; it will even make phone calls on behalf of you; no one will notice that you're missing in action.

Source(s): Documents are from Satan; burn all the documents that you can find. Electronics will be used to track you. Even old broken unplugged 1970 TV set will show the evil flying antichrist using Tesla's ether. Don’t go into UFO to be “healed” by evil demons; demons never do good; always pray the Jesus prayer or to saints who help right away (like saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov according to whom if you reject mark of the beast, then your direct ancestors go to heaven); forgive me.
  • ?

I wouldn't sink $1500 into repairs on a car that's 18 years old with 269K miles.  It's not long for this world.  I'd do the minimum possible repairs to keep it on the road if you're going to keep driving it short-term (do the plugs/wires yourself and replace the throttle position sensor yourself using a junkyard part.  Maybe $100 or $150 for parts/basic tools) or do nothing, junk it and get a newer car.  Good luck.

This is always a tough question, because with your car ' it's better the devil you know' but you could buy another car and have all sorts of problems

It misfires.  Change the spark plugs.  That is all I would do.  Seems he went through a major SCARE STORY of oil in the coolant. Which has Nothing to do with misfiring...misfiring is electrical or fuel delivery in nature. So what? Some motors cool with oil, and they stay running for years.  The TPS?  I don't give a "loaf" Has nothing to do with misfiring. Leaking fuel into vacuum hoses also does not concern me as it does not cause misfiring.

. It is a wonder he did not add muffler bearings need lubrication. Again, not an issue that concerns you and misfiring.  

. Go to Wally's and buy some spark plugs for your car make & engine size. Change them on a cold engine.(parked 4 hours) not running.  Most people have a spark plug socket and can do this one by one. Hold onto the old plugs (for you never know if the new ones will all be good).  Even then looking at the spark plugs tells a mechanic the general shape of the motor. so keep them in order so YOU know where they came from. Spark plug wires I would leave alone as they can last a really long time.  

.[Remember the gas lawn mower you bought 10 years ago, it is still using the same old spark plug wire. It will work fine for another 10. Same wire just a different length.]

Coolant hoses MIGHT LAST or may just blow. Swelling indicates they are original equipment. Hoses last about 7 years(17 is really pushing your luck)  As for oil sweating out...it doesn't. But the hose is on the verge of busting.  You CAN BUY singular hoses and change them yourself if you got a screwdriver and a wrench.  It is like changing that sock that has no elastic holding it up anymore for a new one.. Except there are clamps...that you need to unloosen and tighten down to hold it in place.   The auto parts place need to know the year, make model  of the car to find the right hose.  It may be a molded hose.

You do the work it is WAY less than $1500.  In fact, pay yourself the $1500 for the hour or 2 you spend under  the hood on a weekend.   Parts costs are not even worth mentioning ( a few bucks) so maybe 2 Starbuck coffee's.  BFD

• ?

Nobody can possible predict how long your car will last. You didn't say what the mechanic told you was wrong with the car. $1500 is a lot cheaper than buying another car. All cars eventually require repairs. Buying used cars is a gamble because you really don't know the condition of the vehicle or how it's been cared for.

• ?

Not spend another cent on it.

Shop around as this mechanic is greedy. Meanwhile if the car runs OK carry on driving.

not enough info, I can't see the pic either.

You got smolbrainitis.

I wouldn't believe any of that **** unless I checked for myself. I've had many "mechanics" straight up lie to me.

Seriously learn to fix your own vehicle. Its not that hard. You have some misfires and a throttle position sensor that maybe needs to be replaced. 

It seems like hes lying because he says there is "oil in the coolant" and yet the ONLY thing he wants to replace because of that is the hoses. If there is oil in the coolant it means you need a head gasket usually.

So yeah screw that mechanic. Hes probably lying. That happens a lot.

Either way your brain is smol. Fix that stuff yourself. Do you not own a wrench?

Source(s): You're gonna have a very expensive life if you dont learn how to fix your own vehicles.

Year make and model.  A TPS light is NOT a $1500 fix.  See another garage.