Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

What is a reasonable bedtime for a 17 year old girl during quarantine?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

A 17 year old shouldn't "need" a bedtime.

They should be old enough to know how much sleep they need and to know what time they need to go to bed to get that much sleep.  If they need to get up at 6 am - then they should know that a reasonable bedtime would be around 10 pm to get 8 hours of sleep.

If they are not capable of determining that - then they will never be able to function in the real world.

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

9 p.m.  I raised three children and their bedtime was ALWAYS 9 p.m. - even in high school.

• 1 month ago

She should still have a consistent schedule 9pm is plenty late enough on weekday during quarantine. She should be getting up by 630 am like a normal schedule. 

On the weekend no reason to stay up past midnight.

The reason my kids still have a bedtime is because the have a routine, study time, reading, plus helping aroud the house daily.

No sleeping all day during a pandemic. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A 17 year old does not need one, they're too old for that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Around 10PM does work best for most folks schedule zxjqkc

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• 4Red
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Who gives a 17 year old a bedtime?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That’s up to her. A 17 year old (regardless of gender) is definitely old enough to make that decision for themselves, quarantined or not. I’ve never heard of a 17 year old having a “bedtime” in the same sense that a child would have a “bedtime”.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

11pm is reasonable for both sexes. 

• 2 months ago

She should be getting 8 hours of sleep, so depending on how early she needs to wake up she should be going to sleep by 1AM at the latest, unless she needs to be up earlier than 10AM (like for school)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well i'd say 11pm lights out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.