Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Once you close your account on yahoo how long does it take to completely be deleted?

Will all my yahoo answers be deleted?

• Daniel
    Favorite Answer

4 months However your Questions and Answers will not be Deleted Regardless of your Account Status they will Remain on the Site 

There is no way you can have those Removed with It 

Honestly these days I dont think they will remove an account at all if its at the members request. I have to admit 18 months ago when I was sick of being terrorized by silly Trolls I spoke to someone at Verizon and I was told to simply not use the account. After some months I realised most of the bad-boys had gone I returned part time. Lets pray they dont allow comments. If they do then they will return.

Never.  Do you really think Yahoo! would delete all the info they scraped?

• .

Accounts are not closed immediately. If you followed the Yahoo instructions on how to delete/close your account, you should have seen this text "Your account will be reactivated if you sign in to it within 30 days of closing it, with longer hold periods for accounts registered in Australia, India, or New Zealand (90 days), and Brazil, Hong Kong, or Taiwan (180 days)."

Even when the account is closed, all posts made by that account on YA will remain (unless reported enough to be removed as violations). Once the account is closed, if someone clicks on the username/avatar you used for that account when you posted, they'll be taken to the Yahoo main page (not to a user activity page for YA). 

• SOT3

All your Q&As stay no matter what (unless reported as violations). It can take the account 2-4 months to be finally closed depending on what country you created it in. Also, if you log back in, you reverse the command to close the account and it is again active. At that point you start over.

• Sharon

Your questions will not be deleted. They are the property of Yahoo as soon as you post them, but they will no longer be associated with your account.