Question about pie?

Is Strawberry rhubarb the usual classic combination or are there other types of rhubarb pies?

Update:

@Anonymous - We got a real conspiracy on our hands!

Update 2:

All great answers but there can only be one winner. Sorry. 😩

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. There's rhubarb pie. It's got no strawberries. It's the kind that people generally make homemade from rhubarb that grows in their backyards. The reason store-bought throws in strawberries is rhubarb is too hard to cultivate, making strawberries a far cheaper substitute to use to replace a portion of the more expensive, harder to get rhubarb.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Rhubarb also goes well with raspberries, with plums or with apple, or on its own.

• 2 weeks ago

I've seen apple-rhubarb, and one time, I made a "bluebarb" pie- rhubarb and blueberries and it was HEAVEN. In stores and at restaurants, I pretty much only ever seen strawberry rhubarb, not even plain rhubarb. 

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

What a good answer the first Anonymous gave.

I've also heard that strawberry-rhubarb pie is cheaper than all rhubarb (unless you grow your own), so it's a cost-saving measure, too.

I've made all-rhubarb pies--a hot baked pie more like a cherry pie than a strawberry-rhubarb pie--a few times, since my husband loves them. I don't grow it and I spend a silly amount on fresh rhubarb.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.