Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I need to get a private education loan for college but am not sure how...?

I am a junior in college and I filled out my FAFSA late my fall semester. I have been told that it is too late for to process federal loans for that semester and the aid I will be getting is not enough to cover the balance on my account. I have a balance of $10,185.35 due and I do not have that kind of money. I am a broke college student. I have to turn to a private educational loan now but don’t even know how to look for it. I don’t want to apply for one that gets me trapped and I have to pay high interest or anything like that. What should I do? 

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    The solution is to not go to college.  Your future self will thank you!

  • MS
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    The Financial Aid office should be able to give you some guidance on options.  You can also contact your bank or credit union to see about loans that are available.  Private loans do usually have higher interest rates than government student loans.

  • 3 months ago

    your parents' bank or credit union comes after asking the financial aid office for help finding that money.  my bet is -- you're not going to like anything presented.  Btw, your costs to attend are likely far too high in the present economy.  -- grampa

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.