Pawel asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 2 months ago

How is it I've heard that it's harder to become an air traffic controller than a professional pilot?

How is it I've heard that it's harder to become an air traffic controller than a professional pilot? in my country, pilots of our Polish airlines are reportedly earning less than pilots in Western Europe or the United States? I have always been interested in aviation, both general aviation, the aviation industry and military aviation and astronautics, I have always dreamed of flying, but to fly, you need to have a thick wallet and, above all, have good health to undergo medical examinations, to obtain at least the so-called 2nd class health certificate according to the standard EASA if you live in an EU country that entitles you to recreational flying and a PPl pilot license which is the equivalent of an ordinary car driving license, I have Asperger so I do not know if any nasty doctor did not have any problems with it, but Bill Gates almost certainly has Asperger a has a pilot's license and a helicopter and piloting rotorcraft is much more difficult than ordinary planes but he is a billionaire and he can afford bribes and sumptuous dinners for influential doctors, moreover, it can be seen after he quickly got certification for vaccination for COVID-19, rich maybe more, I know what I am writing about because I once had an internship in one of our Poland I am a clinical trial clinic, they were currently dealing with drug trials for the so-called COPD known as a smokers disase in Poland. 

I am not a doctor I was an intern there as an administrative office worker. Returning to the topic, I talked with a friend that it would be nice to be an ATC controller in ULC (ULC is the Polish equivalent of the American FAA) here in Poland, but my friend told me that the ATC controller is even more demanding than an airline pilot and must have a perfect diction that he must have perfectly mastered Polish, English and the (ULC)Civil Aviation Authority of Poland

would also like German because Poland borders on Germany and Lufthansa is one of the largest airlines in Europe 

The universal language is English and if you don't speak English you can forget being a pilot flying outside your country or an ATC anywhere. 

• david

Probably because ATC may have to deal with several blocks of air with several different weather patterns with several different aircraft in each. 

Probably because you were born with ears.

A pilot is responsible for one aircraft. An ATC operator is responsible for hundreds.

• Scott

Not harder as in technically difficult, it's harder in terms of there being fewer openings. It's a highly sought job with far more applicants than available positions. That's why it's harder. 

The pressure on an air traffic controller is supposedly incredible.  And as you say, they have to communicate perfectly.