Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 weeks ago

My friend thinks there's a loophole for commercial work, should I (privately) let her know she's mistaken?

Or should I just let her continue being wrong?

I saw it on social media. She was saying it doesn't need to be registered because of a loophole.

I want to text her that if it's being used for commercial work, it does still need to be registered and she needs her license to use it commercially.

Should I just let her find that out on her own, or let her know now?

"I saw it on social media" is hardly a source of knowledge you should use."

"Do you believe everything you read on social media?"

I saw *her mistake* on social media.. not the information 🤦‍♂️

Favorite Answer

You should send her a  very brief private message saying, "Sarah, I'm not sure that's right; I believe it does need to be registered. Worth checking?"

and leave it up to her.

If it is just some random person I would advise you that it isn't your responsibility to correct her mistakes.  But if this is a friend, it is your responsibility.  That is what friends do for each other.

Just let her continue being wronger than the wrongiest wrong that ever wronged and silently label her an idiot in your own head.  Resistance is futile.  

Source(s): You should never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. You'll probably lose 100 IQ points in the process.

i would let her know

Do you believe everything you read on social media?   Are the "loophole police?"   Stay out of it.   She'll figure it out on her own.

• g

I wouldn't want any part of her loopholes. That sounds shady.

"I saw it on social media" is hardly a source of knowledge you should use.

Unless this directly affects you, I say you mind your business and let her do her own research into what needs to be done.