Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 weeks ago

My friend thinks there's a loophole for commercial work, should I (privately) let her know she's mistaken?

Or should I just let her continue being wrong?

I saw it on social media. She was saying it doesn't need to be registered because of a loophole.

I want to text her that if it's being used for commercial work, it does still need to be registered and she needs her license to use it commercially.

Should I just let her find that out on her own, or let her know now?

Update:

"I saw it on social media" is hardly a source of knowledge you should use."

"Do you believe everything you read on social media?"

I saw *her mistake* on social media.. not the information 🤦‍♂️

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

You should send her a  very brief private message saying, "Sarah, I'm not sure that's right; I believe it does need to be registered. Worth checking?"

and leave it up to her.

• 2 weeks ago

If it is just some random person I would advise you that it isn't your responsibility to correct her mistakes.  But if this is a friend, it is your responsibility.  That is what friends do for each other.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Just let her continue being wronger than the wrongiest wrong that ever wronged and silently label her an idiot in your own head.  Resistance is futile.  

Source(s): You should never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. You'll probably lose 100 IQ points in the process.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

i would let her know

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Do you believe everything you read on social media?   Are the "loophole police?"   Stay out of it.   She'll figure it out on her own.

• g
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

I wouldn't want any part of her loopholes. That sounds shady.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

"I saw it on social media" is hardly a source of knowledge you should use.

Unless this directly affects you, I say you mind your business and let her do her own research into what needs to be done.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.